All courses will be pending because of COVID-19 until further notice
SkillsFuture credit applicable. Course id is CRS-N-0042344. All Singaporeans aged 25 and above can use their $500 SkillsFuture Credit from the government to pay for a wide range of approved skills-related courses. See www.skillsfuture.sg/credit for more details.
Python is a popular language because of its concise syntax, and its extensive libraries for scientific applications. It is a good starting point to enter IT world as a developer, to develop web applications, automating tasks, IoT (Internet of Things) or data science/data analyst.
This course aims to build a strong foundation in Python programming, with an introduction to language syntax, and also to provide end-to-end experience building a Python application by writing a useful, real-life application. After this course, participants will be ready to take our data science course.
This is a face to face class, but there will be additional 6-hours self-learning practice on Solace Tech’s e-learning platform here,
The learning plan for this course is as follow:
- Participants do self-study 2 days before the course, reading materials and do simple quizzes. The goal is to provide a basic understanding of programming. Expect to spend around 3 hours for this self-study.
- The first face to face session, participants will run through again the materials, together with doing hands-on programming with instructor guidance. This session will be 8 hours excluding lunch.
- One week period before the second face to face session, participants will be expected to run through programming exercises, which will take around 3 hours, to strengthen understanding of materials. The exercises will be arranged like a Lego game where clues and a pseudo code will be provided.
- The second face to face session, participants will go through a simple web scraping project guided by the instructor. After that participants will be expected to finish the project by themselves. This session will be a 7 hours session.
Using this approach, participants will do several repetitions of programming which will help to get maximum understanding.
After this class, participants should be able to:
- Understand commonly used Python syntax
- Write a relatively simple Python program
- Understand Python data structure
- Using standard tools and libraries in Python development
- Understand HTML and how to acquire data from the web using web scraping technique
- Using version control (GitHub)
- Accessing a relational database
- Publish his/her own projects to personal GitHub as portfolios.
Participants who attend the course until the end will be entitled to a certificate, to mark the completion of the course.
Maximum 10 participants per class. The venue would be at Depot Road.
We reserve the right to cancel or re-schedule the course due to unforeseen circumstances. If the course is cancelled, we will refund 100% to you.
Note that the minimal class size to start a class is 4.
If the schedule doesn’t suit you, you can subscribe for notification to get notified whenever there is a new schedule for this Python class.